Hotel le Blizzard *****
About Hotel le Blizzard *****
A very popular hotel due to its perfect location in the centre of the resort, only 100 meters from the lifts. French in both style and atmosphere, Hotel Le Blizzard has a wonderful chalet feel to it with wooden beams, open fireplace, comfy sofas and the best bar – see below – in town, presided over by David – a superb host. There is a wonderful indoor/outdoor pool and unique wooden hottub surrounded by a sunny terrace, which comes into its own in the spring when the terrace is a great spot for lunch. The hotel offers either B&B or half board accommodation.
The bedrooms of Hotel Le Blizzard are very comfortable and attractively decorated, with pretty fabrics and alpine artefacts. The junior suites are particularly spacious and there are also some very popular family suites and duplexes.
Aside from its outdoor pool and hot tub in the snow, the hotel has several other spa facilities. With a sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi and massage rooms, as well morning yoga sessions to get you ready for the day.
On the main street, next door to the Tsanteleina, it is a short walk to the main Solaise/Bellevarde lifts – or the bus stops virtually outside the hotel if you wish to head for Le Fornet or La Daille.
Rooms & Suites
- 6 Standard Rooms (18-23m2) Double/twin bed en-suite bathroom, seperate toilet, balcony with mountain view
- 40 Deluxe Rooms (28-33m2) Double/twin bed and lounge area with armchairs, desk, open-plan bathroom, separate toilet, balcony, balcony with mountain view or village view
- 5 Superior Deluxe Rooms (35m2) Double/twin bed and lounge area, bathroom with bath and shower, separate toilet, balcony with village view
- 7 Junior Suites (37-47m2) Double/twin bed and lounge area, bathroom with bath and shower, separate toilet, balcony with mountain view or village view
- 3 Suites (41m2) Separate area for children equipped with bunk beds and television and separate toilet, living room, bedroom with double/twin bed, bathroom with bath, shower and toilet, balcony with mountain view
- 3 Duplex Suites (42-50m2) Double/twin bed upstairs with en-suite bathroom, living room & wood stove, alcove beds downstairs, seperate toilet, balcony with mountain view
- 6 Two-Bedroom Suites (45-82m2) 2 bedrooms, 1 with double/twin bed, lounge area, bathroom with bath and shower, 2 separate toilets, balcony with mountain view or village view
* All rooms & suites have: satellite TV, DVD player and Apple TV, radio, direct dial telephone, free mini-bar, Wi-Fi, safe, access to Spa facilities.
Spa & Wellness
You will find much more than a well-being and a resting area in the Spa. It is a place where you can take care of yourself, a sanctuary of relaxation after skiing. The beautiful Spa with daylight and views on to the slopes. Features:
Outdoor heated swimming pool
Hot Tub in the snow
Jacuzzi, Steam room & Sauna
Fitness room (Technogym)
3 treatment rooms with Clarins products
Beautiful relaxation area with a tearoom
Yoga & stretching lessons in the mornings
Bars & Restaurants
Real key location for Val d'Isère, the hotel’s Lounge Bar is most famous for its warm ambiance. Managed for many years by David, it offers a variety of cocktails and rare spirits to enjoy in the comfortable and cosy sofas by the fireplace.
Straight from the market cuisine is served at Le Blizzard Gourmet Restaurant, which overlooks the Bellevarde slopes (open for lunch and dinner).
Savoyard restaurant La Luge is famous in Val d’Isère for its local Savoy specialities (open for dinner - reservation required).
Lunch and afternoon tea can be served on the terrace by the swimming pool, overlooking the mountains and slopes.
Offers Japanese influenced cuisine (dinner only – reservation required. Located 400 meters from the hotel)
The Camel Snow Promise
We can help arrange all this and more, at no extra cost!
- Private transfers to and from the resort
- Lift passes
- Ski equipment hire
- Private ski guides, heli-skiing and ski lessons
- In-chalet massages
- Non-skiing activities
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Helicopter transfers
- Party planning
- Corporate event planning
- Please enquire about any other specific service requests
Part of the Espace Killy ski region, Val d’Isere is a popular resort for British skiers. The vast ski area offers terrain for all abilities, with over 300km of pistes and excellent snow coverage. Not for the faint-hearted, the confident intermediate or advanced skier can take on the infamous ‘Le Face’ run, which used to function as the Olympic downhill course, and one to visit if you really want to make those legs burn. There are also two nursery areas near the centre of town, making this a great destination for families.Explore Val d’Isère
Great snow record
Terrain for all abilities
Lively après ski scene