Hotel Altapura *****
About Hotel Altapura *****
Both invigorating and joyous, this interior design will fill you with energy from the moment you rise. The establishment features bleached wood, sculpted dry stone, and arty furniture such as a wall made with vintage skis and an outdoor bar created using ski boots from the 1980s.
A revisited gondola lift cabin is perfect for intimate conversations, and offers another example of the contemporary style humorously reworked using re-appropriated skiing emblems.
Altapura plays up the contrasts between understated cosmopolitan atmosphere and festive ambiances. From the sweet serenity of your room, to the soothing spa sessions to warm exchanges at the restaurant, relaxing moments in the lounges or on the terrace, live fully every moment of your ski getaway in the Alps.
Altapura is ideally located on the ski slopes to the delight of winter sports enthusiasts, with direct access to the Plein Sud chairlift and the other ski lifts in the 3 Valleys area.
The in-house ski shop in the heart of Hotel Altapura offers made-to-measure services. Skishop by Goitschel, a surname that speaks volumes about the skiing expertise and experience of a family that has won numerous world and Olympic titles and that launched the resort of Val Thorens in the early 1970s.
Rooms & Suites
- Classic Room (28m2) Double bed with small living area with pull out sofa bed (for 1 child) Bathroom with bath and shower. Northern Exposure
- Club Room (28m2) Double bed with small living area with pull out sofa bed (for 1 child) Bathroom with bath and shower. View of slopes
- Deluxe Room (32m2) Double bed, an open plan living area with pull out sofa (for 2 children) Bathroom with bath and shower. View of slopes
- Junior Suite (32-40m2) Double bed, an open plan living area with pull out sofa (for 2 children) Bathroom with bath and shower. View of slopes
- Junior Family Suite (40m2) Double bed with small living area with pull out sofa bed (for 1 child) and adjoining room for 2 children. Bathroom with bath and shower. View of slopes
- Cocooning Suite (50m2) Double bed, an open sitting area with a sofa bed (for 2 children) Balcony with sweeping views of the Caron Peaks. Bathroom with dual sinks, bath and shower.
- Duplex (41m2) On the first floor: a spacious living room with a sofa bed (for 2 children) Bathroom with shower. On the second level, the open mezzanine offers a bedroom under the eaves with open boudoir-style bathroom with double sinks and signature bathtub.
- Family Duplex (50m2) With two levels with grand windows looking out across the mountains. On the first level: a spacious living room with a sofa bed (for 2 children) A small adjoining bedroom and bathroom with shower; on the second level: the open mezzanine has a double bed under the eaves, with open, boudoir-style bathroom with signature bathtub
All rooms & suites have; TV Mac mini with HD screen, complimentary VOD (video on demand), free wifi, in-room safe, minibar, Nespresso machine and electric kettle, Pure Altitude bath products, hair-dryer.
Flexible & Prepaid Half Board rate:
Rate including bed, breakfast and dinner (beverages not included)
* may be modified according to flexible & pre paid rates’ conditions.
Children can be accommodated in all rooms on the sofa beds – see room description
Sofa beds can be made up in all rooms for children – see room description
50% deposit to confirm your reservation, balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
100% payment at time of booking to confirm your reservation.
Free until 30 days prior arrival. Cancellation on the scheduled day of arrival or no show: the full amount of the booking will be charged.
Check In Out
Check In: 5pm
Check Out: 10am
Price from:€380 per day
Spa & Wellness
With contemporary flair, the Pure Altitude Spa at Altapura combines pale wood paneling and ice blue glass blocks that echo the color scheme of the alpine slopes, nicely complemented by the raw elements of granite and birch.
The spa features an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, igloo and ice fountains. Additionally, the spa has a large fitness room, relaxation room, waterfall showers and sensory light therapy room.
Bars & Restaurants
On an exceptional terrace that looks toward the Caron summit, discover this traditional menu. Seasoned skiers unite, the grill special of the day, themed plates to share and a dessert buffet... Savor the pleasures of skiing without sacrificing the tasty delights!
At Les Enfants Terribles - Val Thorens, the chic bistro at Altapura, taste the great classics of French cuisine along with exceptional dishes, like the traditional Enfants Terribles style filet of beef, the exclusive lobster roll or the authentic sole meunière.
Try our seafood and oyster bar of our restaurant Les Enfants Terribles for ocean fresh taste on high: Gillardeau oysters, crayfish, prawns, lobster...
Discover the exclusive fondue and raclette imagined for La Laiterie by our Chef in combination with our cheesemaker Boujon, one of the most passionate cheesemongers of the region.
It's Cocktails time! Music has taken over at Les Enfants Terribles. The evening is at its pinnacle. A glass of champagne in hand, a sparkle in your eye, your thoughts climb ever higher, the evening is limitless and the rush is ecstasy…
Kid's corner - From 3 to 12 years old - From Sunday to Friday from 12:30 to 20:30 - Free Surprise evenings with dinner at the Children's Table according to program
The kid's corner consists of a fun lounge dedicated to children from 3 to 8 years old with a facilitator * and a space where 9 to 12 year olds can meet freely.
* All parents wishing to leave their children alone have to sign a release
The Camel Snow Promise
We can help arrange all this and more, at no extra cost!
- Private transfers to and from the resort
- Lift passes
- Ski equipment hire
- Private ski guides, heli-skiing and ski lessons
- In-chalet massages
- Non-skiing activities
- Pre-arrival shopping service
- Helicopter transfers
- Party planning
- Corporate event planning
- Please enquire about any other specific service requests