About Giardino Mountain
A traditional eighteenth-century Engadine house, extensively restored in 2011 and as white as fresh mountain snow – as soon as you lay eyes on Giardino Mountain, you cannot help but feel you have discovered a real-life Alpine wonderland.
Nevertheless, this impressive exterior merely provides guests with an appetiser of what lies inside – there is, in fact, far more than meets the eye. Linked by underground passageways, the ensemble of seven historical buildings is home to a retreat that preserves the site’s history, respectfully exalting it with contemporary flair.
This combination of old and new has seen the former boarding school for girls transformed into a design hotel that offers its guests all the space they need to take a step back from everyday life and embark on fantastic experiences. Traditional Engadine on the outside, cosmopolitan on the inside. A perfect mix of contrasts.
The fireplace in the lounge, for example, resembles one that you might expect to find in a farmhouse. Directly next door, the modern bar welcomes guests with its soft lighting. Rough-plastered stone walls and exquisite wooden panels provide a natural and warm contrast. The gleaming Mediterranean white of the houses gives them a bright and spacious appearance.
In the 78 rooms and suites, Alpine chic meets Mediterranean nonchalance. Each and every room is boldly showcased by Italian fabrics and designer objects. Due to the hotel’s historical structure, no two rooms are the same at Giardino Mountain. Every room also has individual ties to the Upper Engadine landscape. The wood from which the exquisite panels are made comes directly from the region, and the numerous black-and-white photographs reveal the glorious past of the area surrounding St. Moritz.
Those who stay inside have nobody to blame but themselves: During both the summer and winter, the Engadine provides an enormous natural leisure park. Get out in the fresh air, marvel at the surrounding nature, venture out on tours or simply enjoy sunny days at the lake.
During the winter months, skis and sledges are the ideal way to get around. For sports enthusiasts and families, in particular, there are numerous opportunities to put excess energy to good use. For those who do not necessarily want to set out on their own, Giardino Mountain also offers the weekly and kids’ programmes.
Rooms & Suites
- Small Rooms (18m2) Queen-size double/twin bed with bathroom with shower
- Large Rooms (25m2) Queen-size double/twin bed with bathroom with shower & with bath tub in the room, with balcony or terrace. Some with bath tub in the room.
- The Junior Suite (30m2) King-size double/twin bed with bathroom with shower & with bath tub in the room, with balcony or terrace.
- The Suite (50m2) King-size double/twin bed with separate living area, bathroom with shower & with bath tub in the room, with balcony offering mountain views.
- The Alpine Suite (55m2) King-size double/twin bed with separate living area, bathroom with shower & bath.
- The Mountain Suite (60m2) King-size double/twin bed with separate living area & fireplace, bathroom with shower & bath tub in the room. Balcony offering mountain views.