Chedi Andermatt *****
About Chedi Andermatt *****
The Chedi Andermatt is a luxurious 5 star contemporary hotel and apartment development set in the exquisite natural beauty of the Swiss Alps. This exclusive development sensitively combines the traditional with the modern in its architecture. It blends effortlessly with the unrivalled serenity of the Urseren valley. Designed by the renowned Denniston International Architects, The Chedi Andermatt combines traditional alpine elegance with innovative and sumptuous modern architecture.
Surrounded by the natural, year-round beauty of the Swiss Alps, The Chedi Andermatt nestles elegantly among the classic ski chalets of Andermatt, a village of timeless charm in the Urseren Valley. The village is a starting point for visits to mountain passes and is a snow-sure winter sports destination, popular with winter sports enthusiasts. It is also a perfect starting point for hikes as well as mountain, fishing and bike tours. Furthermore, Andermatt served as the stunning backdrop for the James Bond movie ‘Gold Finger’. Andermatt is easily accessible due to its central location and close proximity to major transit routes. From Zurich airport it only takes 90 minutes, from Milano airport two hours, and from Buochs private airfield, at the disposal of private planes, 45 minutes. From Stuttgart or Munich by car in four hours; from Milan it takes only two hours, and a 75-minute drive from Zurich. From the highway exit in Göschenen the drive up to Andermatt takes 10 minutes. The Andermatt station is located about 400 metres from the village centre. Trips to the famous Glacier Express take place from this station several times a day.
The Chedi Andermatt, GHM’s first Swiss property, perfectly combines authentic Swiss alpine chic with Asian style. The hotel was designed by the renowned architect Jean-Michel Gathy from Denniston Architects and offers 105 spacious guest rooms and suites. Traditional materials such as warm woods and natural stones create a personal and stylish atmosphere. The hotel offers the following facilities: The Restaurant, The Japanese Restaurant (operational in the winters), The Bar and Living Room, The Lounge, The Wine and Cigar library as well as a 2,400 square metre Spa and Health Club.
Rooms & Suites
- Deluxe Rooms (52–55 m2) King size bedroom, balcony (mountain/village view), fireplace with en-suite bathroom and shower.
- Grand Deluxe Rooms (52–55 m2) King size bedroom, balcony (mountain/village view), fireplace with en-suite bathroom and shower. Located on higher floor.
- Deluxe Suite (110 m2) King size bedroom, balcony (mountain/village view), large fireplace with en-suite bathroom and shower.
- Gemsstock Suite (134 m2) King size bedroom, balcony (mountain/village view), fireplace with en-suite bathroom and shower.
- Furka Suite (330 m2) 3 bedrooms, high ceiling, panoramic view, balcony, fireplace, dining room, kitchen. There is also a personal spa including steam bath, sauna and Jacuzzi. Located on the top floor.
* All rooms have; flat screen television, video on demand, ipad, telephone, wireless internet, minibar, safe and branded guest amenities